Amember integration with Joomla

Discussion in 'Integration' started by sobakasu, Feb 1, 2006.

1. sobakasu

sobakasu New Member

In Joomla, only Amember users who have paid are showing up in Joomla user administration. I need to give all Amember users access to Joomla.

I imported the non-paid members to Joomla via mySQL - they show up in Amember Admin.

Has anyone had the same experience? Help appreciated.
  2. ianh

ianh New Member

Not sure I understood this bit: 'I imported the non-paid members to Joomla via mySQL - they show up in Amember Admin.' Are you saying that users imported into Joomla were then imported from jos_users to the aMember database?

I have set up and run aMember with Joomla (with help from Alex). My setup has a mixture of unpaid and paid users in both the aMember database and the Joomla database. When members pay they are set in jos_users as block=0 otherwise they are block='1'. All users show up in the user administrator.

So no, not the same experience as you - I wonder if I ran my setup differently (using the rebuild database command within aMember to sync it to Joomla).
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

If you want to offer something for free - add a product into aMember with price = 0. Pending users should not be handled that way, and it is bad idea to change it.
  4. sobakasu

sobakasu New Member

Thanks for your comments. I deleted all my non-paid (pending) members from the table, created a free product within Amember and reimported them using the amember import function. Everything worked fine like this.
  5. sobakasu

sobakasu New Member

Data Updating between Joomla/Amember

Registered user changes to user name or password in Amember are not being updated automatically in Joomla and vice versa.

Also, even I if change the user's password in Amember manually and rebuild the database - the password change is not carried through to Joomla.

Did I miss something? Advice appreciated.
  6. alex

Could you please contact us via helpdesk?
  7. upsa

upsa New Member

Alex said that if you have this problem, make sure you have the latest plugin installed. It shouldn't happen.
  8. jbrowdy

jbrowdy New Member

Alex just fixed my login module so that i can login with amember, but i am now facing the same problem- users that change their profile in amember are not being changed in joomla and vice versa.

I have the latest plugin- what was the issue?
  9. alex

10. alex

OK, we have found a reason why it happened and updated plugin will be released on this week. It happens because Joomla databases internals are changing often.
  11. mollyrose

mollyrose New Member

verify amember and joomla are correctly integrated

Hi there,

I am trying to make sure that the integration was done correctly -- currently no joomla members are showing up in Amember. Is this normal?

Secondly -- when a user "logs in" I believe they are logging into Joomla and not amember.

I read a thread that stated something to the extent of there being a plugin for a login that is amember. I don't believe I have this plugin. How can I tell? how much is it? Is that required to manage members with amember in Joomla.

Do I need to disable "Allow User Registration" in Joomla in order for amember to work? Do I also need a plugin for users to login to amember? How much is it and where do I get it?
  12. mollyrose

mollyrose New Member

Also - how do I post instead of post a reply?

Thanks,

Molly