continued vBulletin 4.x plugin problems

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by ges33, Feb 16, 2012.

1. ges33

ges33 Member

Everything is working great with vBulletin plugin EXCEPT log in and log out. Doesn't work. Users are being created great, username and password updated works... BUT when a user logs out of vBulletin they AREN'T logged out of aMember and AREN'T taken back to the aMember page. When they sign in through aMember and click on link to go to forum, they AREN'T logged in to vBulletin.

I should mention that sometimes single log in and out work, but not often--sporadically at best.

I went back and tested the 3.x version of the vB plugin with aMember 3.2.4 and it worked flawlessly. Log in and out were perfect. I really would love to get vBulletin plugin for 4.x working the same way--need it for my vB forum. I'm really hoping to get this figured out.

Thanks for all the attention to getting the plugins for v4.x working as great as they did in v3.x!!
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hi.
    set
    Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Cookie path to /
    Issue will be fixed then. Currently it is set to /test/ I believe.

3. ges33

ges33 Member

Tried your suggestion--still not working. I changed Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookie and HTTP Header Options -> Cookie path to "/" and keep getting the same problems. Log in and out not working, not directing back to aMember.

Given how well vBulletin plugin functioned in aMember 3.x, this seems to me like it might be an issue with the plugin, since all my settings in vBulletin don't really change when I'm trying out vB plugin 3.x versus 4.x. Again, 3.x works flawlessly.

Really want to get this working so I can launch with amember.
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

ges33, we will look at this carefully tomorrow to get it fixed.
  5. ges33

ges33 Member

Thanks, Alex. I really love how you guys are responding!
  6. ges33

ges33 Member

The vBulletin plugin is working now. I'm not sure why, but the aMember user that I was using to test log in and out of vBulletin somehow got corrupted. I created 2 new users in aMember and when I logged in and out with those 2 new members, everything worked great! If I try and log in with the old user, the single log out still doesn't function.

Not sure why this happened, but I'm glad everything seems to be working!

Thanks, Alex! I really appreciate you looking into this.
  7. Desiderius

Desiderius New Member

unfortunalety that doesn't work for me. Single-Login still not working!
  8. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Please send a ticket to helpdesk, I need to check configuration.