Sub-users plugin - Set default group?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by havoc8, Feb 6, 2011.

1. havoc8

havoc8 New Member

I am trying to configure the sub-user plugin and am running into some problems.

1) When adding sub-users, the master user MUST select a group. If they do not select a group, the subuser will not have any active subscriptions.

The problem with this is that a master user might not select the group. They have no idea what groups are so they might not select one at all.

Is there a way to 1) default a group (in the background, hidden field or something) 2) hide all the stuff about groups on the page.

[​IMG]
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Please contact us in helpdesk we will help to do this for free.
  3. guy1

guy1 Member

Hi Alex

I have an install of subusers from a number of years ago and it ended the development of a project because of the complication with groups.

Is it worth me getting an upgrade to kick start this again Alex?

I have the same need as the guy above, I want to set up sub users who have viewing capability but with no purchasing / renewing rights to an account.
  4. alexander

What aMember version you have?
    Do you have customizations in it?
  5. guy1

guy1 Member

I have Script Version: 3.1.4PRO

I've had optional fields added by you guys and some alterations to the receipt/invoice.

The install is not live, but I am thinking of having it placed in a new subdomain anyway ( so a new install plus mods ) as part of a new project that enables me to spin the project off when it scales and needs it's own server.

In time I will also need two new licenses as well if this new project goes to plan.
  6. alexander

Sure you can try it with latest version.
    If you don't have much customizations they can be restored after upgrade. Contact us in helpdesk if you need help with this.
  7. guy1

guy1 Member

Thank Alex. I will move in that direction once I have got the icecast plugin to work but currently I still don't understand it.