What is the status of the auto updater?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by gswaim, Dec 27, 2011.

1. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I really loved the ability to update with the built-in updater. I know it was having some issues; however, is it coming back soon?

Thanks.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

It must be working. I know there was problems last time with your upgrade. If you wish, resend me access info and I will run it for you, watch for the problems and fix immediately if necessary.
    I know 4.1.9 upgrade worked fine for many users. Not sure what exactly happened on your host.
  3. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Alex,

It is working now. I didn't see the upgrade notice last night, but I think it was still at 4.9.xxxxxx. Today the upgrade notice is active and worked without any problems.
  4. stockguy22

stockguy22 Member

Not to hijack your thread, but I am having issues that I had explained a few weeks ago. I can't upgrade automatically because I have a symlink to /var/www/aMemberDirectory/public_html (where aMemberDirectory is my vhost). I login as a user that owns all of those files and has a symlink in /home/user/SYMLINK going to /var/www/aMemberDirectory/public_html

Everytime I try to upgrade, I get:
    Connection succesful, but upgrade script was unable to locate test file on remote server

I went ahead and did a manual update (I overwrote all files in the aMember public_html with the new version. However, I still see the "Upgrade" option at the top. You can see that the version on the bottom left hand corner match up.

Thanks for any help

Attached Files:

5. alex

I did not forget about the problem you mentioned, and it will be resolved. I just do not want to break stable version 4.1.x with serious changes, specially before New Year :)

Regarding the second problem, I will give it special attention, but it will disappear if you open amember/admin-upgrade url or if you click "Dismiss" link once.
  6. stockguy22

stockguy22 Member

It may have been cached because I just cleared everything, reloaded the page, and the notification is gone (without having to dismiss).

Thanks alex
  7. alex

Yes, sure it is cached. It normally cleaned up by admin-upgrade process, but you upgraded manually.