Members' Add/Renew Subscription Page

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by anthonyt, Jan 17, 2012.

1. anthonyt

anthonyt New Member

Hi,

My website's subscription plan is such that the 1st month is free, and subsequently customers will be billed on a per month basis. After I signed up as a customer though, I notice that on the Add/Renew Subscription page, the default signup form appeared (see here).

This doesn't make sense to me - as a customer, I've already gone through the Paypal payment process, and now when I click on the Add/Renew Subscription button as a member (perhaps because I want to stop the subscription and prevent automatic billing), I'm faced with yet another signup form to take me through the Paypal payment process all over again. According to Support though, this is the way it should appear, which naturally confuses me.

Can anyone clarify this for me? And how do I set it up so that when a customer click on Add/Renew Subscription button, she gets to unsubscribe from my payment plan so that Paypal stops billing her after the 1st month?
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

I believe his is more confusing.For me when you click to add/renew link, you expect to be in place where you should be able to add new subscription and not cancel previous right?

Subscription cancellation option already available in Payment history tab.
  3. anthonyt

anthonyt New Member

Hi,

You may be right about that. However, when I clicked on the Payment History tab, I can't find any subscription cancellation option there (click here to see my page).

Is something wrong here?
  4. alexander

Can you atatch screenshot of product settings as well?
  5. anthonyt

anthonyt New Member

6. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

Can I just add that I mentioned to support a little while ago that the Payment History had lost the cancellation link. I was told it would be added at some stage. It was there in version 3. I think it is really important - I have emailed my members explaining how they can cancel by logging into Paypal.
  7. anthonyt

anthonyt New Member

Hi,

Thanks for the hint. That would explain it - I'm new to amember and was looking for the cancellation link which I thought would be under the Add/Renew Subscription. At least it makes sense to a newbie like me who might think all subscription-related matters are there.

Angela, right? Is it normal for my Add/Renew Subscription page to show the default signup form? Coz' as a member who's already signed up and gone through Paypal payment, I'd think the signup page is redundant.
  8. alexander

Yes I see this now. It has been fixed. Please contact us in helpdesk and request latest paypal plugin. Also fix will be available in next version.
  9. anthonyt

anthonyt New Member

Ok thanks. So am I supposed to get the latest paypal plugin from you and then install it? How do I go about doing it? I don't know anything about php coding.

And will the existing members be able to see the cancellation link now? Or only new members who sign up after the latest paypal plugin is installed?
  10. alexander

Contact us in helpdesk and request latest paypal plugin. You will recive file and instructions where that file should be uploaded.
    Link will be available for all users.
  11. canuck

canuck New Member

Do we all need to get the latest paypal plugin? I am using Paypal Pro - will I have this issue? Haven't quite launched yet...
  12. alexander

No, paypal_pro plugin is not affected.
  13. fonderco

fonderco New Member

I am using Authorize.net CIM and I can't find the stupid cancel button... In v3 it wasn't this hard. Please help...
  14. alexander

Link should be available in aMember CP -> Edit User -> Payment screen for each Recurring active invoice.
    Also, from user's area after each recurring active invocie.
    See attached screenshot.

Attached Files:

15. fonderco

fonderco New Member

I don't get the "Stop" link. See attached.

Attached Files:

16. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Is it a recurring subscription? It does not seems to be. Please show the product #26 billing plan settings.
  17. fonderco

fonderco New Member

It is a rebilling product. "rebill second price until cancelled"

I'm a little scared that nobody is getting billed... :(

Attached Files:

18. alexander

I've got a ticket from you about this issue. I will check it and reply in helpdesk.