Pricing Based on User Groups

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by everbatim, Feb 3, 2012.

1. everbatim

everbatim aMember Pro Customer

I'm in the process of working with Version 4, and I'm not quite sure exactly how much I can do with the USER GROUPS feature. From what I can see I can't use it as a search feature (browsing, emailing, etc.) and it doesn't seem to serve a real purpose at the moment.

Am I missing something? I can see great potential for this, including as a search factor for browsing and emailing, but also for special pricing based on the customer's group level(s), etc.

Sorry in advance if this is listed somewhere, but I've spent 40 minutes searching the v4 wiki, forum and the bug tracker and can't find anything on this. Thanks!
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This feature was added mostly for affiliate program module. You can add separate affiliate commissions for different user groups. Currently groups can be assigned manually only, in 4.1.12 user will be added to a group depends on signup form that he's used.
  3. everbatim

Thanks VERY much for that speedy response.

So that begs the question - would it be possible to use the USER GROUPS option as search criteria or as a payment price variable? I could see a lot of use for that, not only in my setup. For example, some of my customers are MY trainers, which I would want to allow them in for free without comping them manually each time.

I understand user groups are only assignable by the admin manually, but do you have (in your improvement list) anything that would allow bulk changes to a number of selected users? I'm thinking just a different action in the drop down list in the BROWSE USERS section?

Again Alex, fantastic work here.
  4. itoben

itoben New Member

I also understand better the usefulness of this feature.

Thank you.
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Feel free to add these feature requests to our bug tracker here:
    http://bt.amember.com/
  6. everbatim

Thanks - I added them the other day, I hope they make the cut. I can see a LOT of usefulness for this out there.