Upgrading from .10 to .12

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by glacius, Feb 2, 2012.

1. glacius

glacius New Member

When I logged into admin panel there was an update option at the top. I followed this and all steps looked correct on my screen. It say it was successful after each step.

However when it was all said and done, nothing looked different. The version still says .10 and now the option to upgrade is gone at the top.

I've downloaded the latest .12 zip file.... my question is that for me to do the upgrade manually can I just overwrite the files in .12 with those on my web server?

Thanks.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

We have disabled automated upgrades to .12 as several users reported about a problem after upgrade. We will enable it back once it is resolved, and I hope that time upgrade will work for you. If not, contact us again via helpdesk.
  3. glacius

glacius New Member

Thanks Alex. If it helps you guys out, this is the error in my log:

4. alex

It is excepted result, as upgrades are disabled from our server side.
  5. bennyuk1

bennyuk1 aMember Pro Customer

is there any chance you can add SFTP update capabilites for those of use with SFTP and no FTP access?
  6. glacius

glacius New Member

I saw the link again today. Tried to upgrade today. Still says it was successful for all steps, however nothing is changed and version still says .10

Any thoughts on what could be the problem?
  7. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Can you contact me in heldpesk and provide access info? I will try to troubleshoot this.
  8. mtnbkr

mtnbkr New Member

Alex, have the problems with the .12 released on Feb 2 2012 been resolved? One of the things we were seeing with that release was errors in the admin interface when clicking on links like the "Email users" link and a few other things. Restoring our database backup and reverting back to version .10 of amember fixed our issues.

I am just wondering if it is safe to upgrade now.

Thanks!
  9. alex

We did not change files after release.

Did you notify support team about the problems? What is the ticket#? I am not aware of any such critical problems in .12
  10. mtnbkr

mtnbkr New Member

hmmm OK, I will open a ticket. Sorry, I thought you knew there was an issue with .12 based on your comment # 2 in this thread.

Thanks
  11. alex

No, it was a particular problem in their setup (customized .htaccess file was overwritten). No other serious problems detected (yet? :) )