How to hide a product from renew/signup page

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by customcodegeek, Feb 17, 2012.

1. customcodegeek

customcodegeek Member

I currently have an OTO that is shown after a user buys a product.

I do not want the OTO product to be displayed on the signup/renew page, how can I do this?

(I have tried setting as disabled but that also disables in on the form I made for it in forms editor)
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Put your products in custom groups, and set the default signup page not to include the oto group?

David
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Look at the aMember CP -> Forms Editor, click Edit, click "configure..." on "Product" brick. You can choose what products are displayed in the form.
    You can create another form if necessary.
  4. customcodegeek

customcodegeek Member

nice. Now why didn't I think of that? :)
  5. alex

I guess because of lack of how-to and documentation :)
  6. customcodegeek

customcodegeek Member

hehe, lack of documentation is going to be on my headstone! I detest writing docs for my code so I can only imagine how much I would hate having to write the docs for amember!

It's not too bad, from the answers I have gotten from you here I have now managed to create a custom plugin that will allow a default return url for each product that can also be overridden by a custom brick in the forms editor which is useful for showing a one time offer page instead of the thanks page after a user has paid with paypal

it seems to be working quite well. It'll probably become obsolete when you put in the return url facility in the next update though!

Now that I can do that, my next custom plugin will be auto signing someone up to an aweber list when they purchase a product. (which I bet is coming in an update too) .. I code for the lulz
  7. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

That sounds cool and needed.

Can you contact me? I'd like to discuss licensing or selling it to my members.

Also, BADLY needed for 4.x!
    Are you using their API for this?

David
  8. customcodegeek

customcodegeek Member

I'm not using the aweber api for this as they have only just added the ability to push new subscribers on to lists and the same thing can be achieved with enabling a custom email parser.

Using the api is possible though, I've got some experience with that for my other wordpress plugin. I've done quite a bit of interaction with the aweber api crew (they even sent me a tshirt! ) ;-) so its entirely possible, probably over engineering though and just as much trouble because you'd either have to set up an app with aweber or authorise one that i set up.

I haven't tested the plugins too much yet as the site is still not live but my local testing shows that they work. There is not much in the way of sanitisation of data though but that's because I wrote them for me and not for release.

I'd be happy to talk to you about licensing or other monetization route if you like.

Send me a PM or email to andrewgbailey at gmail
  9. alex

Andrew, you may also be interested to try AWeber integration in version 4.2.0 - released yesterday.
  10. customcodegeek

customcodegeek Member

Thanks Alex, I'll take a look on my local install