V4 Wordpress multi Domains

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by nbgmed, Dec 1, 2011.

1. nbgmed

nbgmed Member

Hey there,

in the last version i used multiple wordpress installations on different domains. How can i do that with V4?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Sorry, I do not understand your idea and setup. Could you please give more details?
  3. nbgmed

nbgmed Member

amember system is running on domain1.com and my membership-programs are on domain2.com domain3.com and so on. How can i get dom2 and dom3 connected with amember on dom1?
  4. alex

There is no support for such configuration yet
  5. nbgmed

nbgmed Member

does that mean, i have to run multiple aMember Installtions? Each for every project I'm running? Are there plans to make this possible having just one aMember for all sites?
  6. alex

Yes, we are planning to implement such ability later.
  7. nbgmed

nbgmed Member

Yeah! Great. When will it be ready?

btw: aMember V4 is very very awesome!! And I'm very happy with the new functions. :)
  8. fonderco

fonderco New Member

Any update on this??? I have many domains, all on the same dedicated server, that I want to protect with one installation of amember. Users can purchase access to one or multiple of the domain's content.

Any 3rd party amember and/or wordpress plugins that do this?
  9. fonderco

fonderco New Member

Would somebody be able to edit the old v3 WP plugin to do this? Seemed like the old WP plugin just connect via db.
  10. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Old plugin does not support such configuration too. The problem is session. Wordpress plugin use aMember's session and it will not be available if your wordpress installation is on different domain.
  11. arnoldyoung

arnoldyoung New Member

Can I mirror multi-domains with one aMember to the same site. All point to the same WP site i.e. CompanyNameDomain.com (amember licensed domain), ProductDomainName1.com (WP site), ProductDomainName2.com(pointing to same WP site) - can I do this or should I keep it simple with only ONE domain name for everything. Really only have one flagship niche for the company with this one product line right now - but I could grow with more products. Not sure I am headed in the right direction with this.
  12. arnoldyoung

arnoldyoung New Member

Scratch this question - i am going to keep it simple and do one domain especially when i have plugin to other stuff that are tied to a domain like kayako.