Controlling the order of products as they display on the signup page

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by underwear, Apr 18, 2012.

1. underwear

underwear Member

Hi there,

I would like to display my products from lowest cost/option to highest cost/option. I went in and added numbers (for the sequence) for each of my 'products' but the changes are not taking on my signup pages. Am I supposed to do something else? Or going about this wrong? If so, what am I supposed to do to achieve what I want?

Thank you for the help.

Bryan

http://underwearsociety.com
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    Make sure that you have latest aMember PRO version.
    As I remember there was such bug in previous versions.
  3. underwear

underwear Member

Will do. I did, however make some changes to some of the buttons and icons we are using (in aMember) to look nicer with our site. And made some changes to the way some of the column widths, etc (in aMember) to work better in the template that we are using for our site.

Do you have any advice or preparatory instructions for me to keep the changes that I made and keep the upgrade as relatively painless and seamless as possible?
  4. underwear

underwear Member

I went ahead and did a backup of everything (databases) and all of our site folders and installed the upgrade. The product ordering is still not working. It does take on the general 'signup' page. The default one that lists everything that we offer. However, on the individual signup pages that we created - the product ordering is not working and sorting the products alphabetically or numerically - I believe that since all the titles are essentially the same - it's sorting by number on my custom signup pages.

It would be great to find a fix for this today if at all possible. I guess I can rename the products to outsmart the system but I think this is something that should be a feature that works on custom forms/signup pages as well.
  5. alexander

You have to create your own theme and make customizations in it, this way it will not be replaced on upgrade.
    Have a look:
    http://www.amember.com/docs/Themes_and_Templates
  6. alexander

Please send ticket to helpdesk about this issue. We will check and fix it.
  7. underwear

underwear Member

Thank you. Created a ticket and sent it.