Protect Content feature not working anymore

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by mporter9, Oct 17, 2012.

1. mporter9

mporter9 Member

I used the Products > Protect Content feature 3 weeks ago and this all worked fine, but then I deleted the protected content and now I am trying to re-create it. I protected a specific URL/folder path on my site which is for members only. When I am setting up the protection, everything goes fine, but then when I click save and it shows me what I have just created, the "Product" part has not been saved.

So sure enough when a member has purchased their product/membership and they login, they cannot see the link for this protected content and if I try to go directly to the URL it is protecting the content, but it wont let they paying member access it at all. It just says "Access Denied".

Any ideas? This was working 3 weeks ago just fine and now that I am trying to re-do the same exact thing its not working.
  2. mporter9

mporter9 Member

PS. I asked support about this and they just told me to update to 4.2.11

That didn't change anything, clearly the updated new-rewrite plugin isn't working properly or something. This is so frustrating. I have spent so much time fixing all of these random errors and bugs in amember its ridiculous I almost 100% regret my decision about choosing amember.
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

I;m sorry for this issue and for incorrect reply which you got in helpdesk.
    I will take this ticket personally and will fix this issue within next two hours.
    mporter9 likes this.
  4. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Thank you I appreciate it and I'll keep an eye out for your reply.
  5. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Thank you Alex.

To anyone reading this thread, Alex just helped me solve my issue right away. It was not even Amember's fault either.

A wordpress plugin that I installed was interfering with Amember's files.

Than you for such fast and amazing support!