Where can I download the new Moodle integration plugin

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by amemdk, Oct 27, 2012.

1. amemdk

amemdk New Member

Hello,

Where can I download the new Moodle Integeration Plugin for Amember v 4, as mentioned in the changelog of:

4.2.11 2012-10-02 14:33:00 +0400
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I am running 4.2.11 also and do not see the Moodle plugin. I would like to test this and likely start the documentation. So, how does this happen ? :)
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

You can get it now from member area, it is available in plugins list and it is free.
  4. amemdk

amemdk New Member

Grant,

I remember your very good and detailed documentation from the Moodle Plugin a few years ago.

Let me know if I somehow can help updating that documentation or if it works best for you to this by yourself?

BR
    Jens
  5. gswaim

Yeah, I was heavily involved in the original 1.9 Moodle integration (testing and documentation). I drifted over to the WordPress platform for a long time but the Prodigal Son has returned to Moodle. I love WordPress, but since I am delivering training and educational products using WordPress for this is like trying to put a square peg into a round hole. I also use Moodle in my day job.

Quite frankly, I tried to pull off the Moodle-powered site without the aMember integration, but the built-in ecommerce is just terrible and there is absolutely no other ecommerce options that I am aware of. Building, testing, and documenting integrations is a lot of work and I really had to do some soul searching on this. I have decided to dive - head first - into the aMember/Moodle integration. I have faith that Alex and crew will get it right.

Initially I have identified four things that need to be worked on. I made this screencast this morning and sent it to Alexander Ivanov who, I think, is the lead developer on the integration. My personal timeline is to have the integration working perfectly and seamlessly and full documentation (most likely video) in place by Jan 1 2013. Since most of the work is already complete, I suspect Alexander can work within this timeline.

While anyone is welcome to contact aMember about issues with the aMember/Moodle plugin, feel free to contact me with a forum PM or via Twitter @GrantSwaim if you want. I will likely have ongoing communiques with Alexander for the next few weeks regarding the integration and can coordinate information when appropriate.
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Grant,
    Ok. Thanks for the info, I have received message from you, I will work on this from Monday next week.
  7. amemdk

amemdk New Member

Grant and Alex,- Thank you for the information,- and please let me know if I can help along the refining-development, testing, etc. :)
  8. gswaim

As soon as the plugin gets close, I'll send you a link to the test site and let you pound on it. The more eyes, the better.

Thanks.
  9. dschwa

dschwa Member

Is there any update on this? Is there a moodle 2/1.9 integration plugin in the works?