Redirect to url on Protected page extremely slow

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by ocastaned, Dec 12, 2012.

1. __ocastaned

__ocastaned New Member

I have a protected page where I am redirecting none members to a sales page, but unfortunately that redirect takes between 4-5 seconds. I think I am losing sales.

You can try it: go to asktutorial.com >Tutoriales Premium "menu" (below the logo)> Edicion de Fotos> Illustrator CS6.

Any idea, what could be wrong?

Thank you, guys.
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Checked loading time of your home page on Gomez site and that is showing a downloading time of almost 4 seconds.

From the report it looks as if you need to look at the image size and amount of JavaScript.

Attached Files:

3. __ocastaned

__ocastaned New Member

I don't think that is the problem. If you go to the page where I am redirecting or browse other sections, you will notice there are no really speed problems:

http://asktutorial.com/tutorial-de-adobe-illustrator-cs6/

In addition, the menus "Preguntas Frecuentes" and "Contacto" also are redirecting none customers to other page, and they don't seen to have any speed problem.
  4. __ocastaned

__ocastaned New Member

I think I found the problem. I was using JW-PLAYER only on that post. Apparently that player was getting my page to download slower. It was strange for me, because the rest of my pages were working fine, except that one. But now, I changed the players and everything go back to normal.

Thank you, for your help.