How to remove "Payment Type" area from signup form?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by mporter9, Dec 25, 2012.

1. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Hi,

Right now when the user hits the very first signup page, there is an area where it says "Payment Type".

I need to get rid of this. It has been proven that if you only show the user the simple fields like name, email, username, password, etc. that they are more likely to complete that first signup page, and then more likely to complete the 2nd page which is where they enter in their credit card.

However, right now the way Amember is setup, it wants to show them "Payment Type" and can even let them select from your different payment options.

I tried editing the form, but obviously when you try to remove the "Payment Type" area it gives you errors. I need a way around this. I need a way to "force" it, so that the user does not see anything price/payment/credit card related on that 1st signup page.

And then obviously once they click next and land on the 2nd page they will see all of the information about the price of the membership, enter in credit card details, etc. just like normal.

Right now I am only using Stripe so I don't even need them to be able to choose payment types anyways. I'm guessing I'll need to make some changes to the code.

So how can I do this?

Thanks for the help.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Go into the 'forms editor' for your signup page- in the brick on the left labeled 'payment system' configure, select the payment type stripe and hide it.

David
    mporter9 likes this.
  3. jackgordon

jackgordon aMember Pro Customer

Here is an advanced question...

What if one was to use the above strategy, but with two payment systems: Clickbank and normal credit card?

Would there be a way to default users who came there from a hoplink to the Clickbank payment, and everyone else to the normal credit card?
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Well I believe you have to create two separate signup forms then and include different payment systems ion each form but the same set of products.
    Then set target url of your hoplinks to clickbank signup form.
    mporter9 likes this.
  5. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Thanks David this worked perfectly.
  6. mporter9

mporter9 Member

I just wanted to leave a WARNING here for anyone who reads this thread and is thinking about following David's advice..

I tried this for 24 hours and had 2 failed credit card charges happen. I've done 50+ charges in the past month and never had one single error. One of the users actually called me and told me that he kept getting some type of error about his credit card's 3-digit security code.

I switched back to my previous setup and sure enough charges are going through fine now. I'm guessing that this issue is specific to Stripe, but I can't be 100% certain.

I will have to get in touch with support and have them take a look at everything once they are available after new years.

Just wanted to let everyone here know that if you implement David's advice then make sure to keep a close eye on things if you are using Stripe.

Anyways, as always David thank you for the help I really appreciate it.
  7. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Thanks for letting everyone know- this is very unusual- please let amember know about it so it gets fixed.

David