What are the best payment processors for amember right now? Anyone doing 100+ sales a day?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by mporter9, Jan 3, 2013.

1. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Hi,

Right now I am using stripe and over the past week users have been experiencing errors when trying to pay for their membership. So, I am trying to find a replacement/backup payment system for Stripe.

So, what are you guys using right now to process payments? Anyone doing a steady 20, 50, 100+ sales a day? I need a payment solution that I know currently works well with Amember so I can relax and not have to worry if I am losing money due to technical errors.

Thanks for the recommendations.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

This is gonna depend on a number of factors. What country are you based in? Whats the $ amount of the charges, per piece and total daily. Whats the nature of the stuff you are selling?

David
  3. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Was in a hurry and forgot to leave the details that really matter :)

USA, $27 one time sale, would like the ability to upsell on the backend with a small rebill like $5-10/month, max. daily revenue $1-3k/day, typical membership site.. pay a fee and get access to exclusive content.

Thanks.
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Authorize.net/aim/cim etc.. works well for this sort of thing.

David
    mporter9 likes this.
  5. goexcel

goexcel Member

I've used PayPal, 1ShoppingCart and Authorize.net. I recently switched to A.net from 1SC due to the ability to offer coupons (1SC and AM 4.X do play well with coupons) and for the ability to allow onsite credit card processing. 1SC takes you off site to process which decreases conversions - people can get weirded out if there on your site and then get transferred to a totally different site. That said, I still have a few issues to get resolved with the A.Net plugin - manual refunds through AM do not work, and I'm still working through an issue with recurring payments - foreign transactions fail the 2nd month due to address verification. I never had this issue with 1SC or PayPal. I plan to open a ticket with AM support for the A.net issues. Oh one more thing, 1SC dings you .25 cents for each recurring payment. It starts adding up when you have hundreds of recurring payments each month and then you annualize that over 1 year!
    mporter9 likes this.