Shopping cart/Subusers

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by wallpaper_01, Jan 10, 2013.

1. wallpaper_01

wallpaper_01 Member

Ok, I'm trying to use the sub users plugin but creating about 10 different aMember products for 1 real product just so that 10 people can have 1 product seems strange.

Can't the shopping cart, which adds up the cost already just do this instead? I mean you could have the product which costs £10 then add 10 of the product to the basket which calculates the total to £100. Then maybe have a tick box that adds 10 users to the products, then go to checkout. When the user logs in they will see 10 credits in the subuser box and they just addthe user for each product as normal like in the subuser plugin.

That way we can get rid of all the products in the admin end and would save loads of time not having to create it all.

Is this possible? I think this would be popular for people with e-learning or membership websites that are subscribing to online material rather than physical products to buy.

Thanks

Dan
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

3. wallpaper_01

wallpaper_01 Member

Amazing! So:

Steps to recreate:
    1. Create master product and check allow to change quantity. Subusers count set to =1
    2. Purchase master product from cart and select quantity = 10;
    3. After purchase master user can add only one subuser, but should be able to add 10 accounts.

Not sure what point 3 means? a subuser is an account isnt it?

e.g.

- So there will be 1 product at £50 (no need for multiple products for extra users now).
    - You select the quantity of 10 (which is 10 users) which will be £500.
    - After the purchase the person who bought the product will be able to login and add the 10 users in the subuser tab as normal.
    - This will create 10 accounts for people for that product.

Will we be able to use discounts? So 5 or more is 20% discount, 10 or more 30% etc... Im assuming this is a normal shopping basket thing anyway.

Thanks, this will be amazing if it works as we have not been able to use the shopping cart because of our 1 product per user signup for elearning courses.

Dan
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes correct.
    No there is no such discount types yet.
  5. wallpaper_01

wallpaper_01 Member

Brilliant! Thanks!

I suppose I could figure out a way to add discount with a coupon. I'd like to know what other users are doing for discounts when purchasing multiple of the same product.

Thanks

Dan