Using Coupons in Signup Form without Product

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by mehrsoft, Jan 31, 2013.

1. mehrsoft

mehrsoft New Member

In signup form if we omit product and use coupons instead, after signup we receive the error "No items selected for purchase"

As we have already specified the product associated in coupon batch process, how can we instruct to get product id from coupon batch instead of explicitly specify it in form??
    If such a thing is possible, the signup form can intelligently select the associated product in coupon table.

Your help and instructions is appreciated.

Thanks
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

This is the way it is supposed to work. You have to include a product(s) on the signup form. The software is not going to look at a coupon and then include all the products the coupon is associated with in the sale.

So. On the signup form, add any products you want to offer. Add the coupon brick to the form to allow the use any coupons that are valid for any products that are being purchased.
  3. mehrsoft

mehrsoft New Member

Then we need multiple signup forms!!.

I have done so as you said but discount is applied to any product even to the one is not belonged to!!
    If you have only one product, it's okay, but on multiple products , the discount coupon is applied to all !!
    Is it possible to multiple signup forms and have a signup form for each product?
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I went back and tested this too. Actually it only discounts the product it was restricted to, but adds a "stike through" beside the price of all items. See my testing in this screencast

Yes. This is a technique that used on many sites. You can have a single sales page with descriptions and have separate links on the page to specific signup forms. You can actually provide links to custom signup forms from anywhere on the site or even in email.

When a coupon is restricted to a single product, it is common to built a signup form for that transaction that only includes the product the coupon is good for.