Coupon for Free Monthly Recurring membership

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by kcjaneweb, Mar 6, 2013.

1. kcjaneweb

kcjaneweb New Member

My client offers 1 product that is a monthly recurring membership. She would like to offer some customers a free membership that renews every month until the customer cancels (the customer will never be charged). I thought this could be accomplished by setting up a coupon code with a 100% discount. Will this work? Will the membership renew every month? The first time I tried this, the memberships expired but I think maybe it is because I set User Coupon Usage Count = 1 in the coupon set up? If I increase that number, will it renew for Free membership? Thanks!
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

If you want to give some customers free access to content basically as log as they want it, you could do it this way (there are probably other ways to pull this off if this doesn't work).
    • Set up a lifetime membership for that content with a cost of $0.
    • Then build a special sales page for the special group that allows them to signup for the free lifetime membership.
    • Security of this page is somewhat by obfuscation since each signup page is issued a random URL.
    • You then provide the URL to the group that is entitled to the (you could even email it)
  3. kcjaneweb

kcjaneweb New Member

Thanks so much for your reply.
    So does that mean I can not accomplish this with a 100% off coupon?
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

You can try checking the "Apply to Recurring" setting found under Advanced setting on the coupon configuration page. Test it with your payment processor and make sure it works as planned.

coupon2.png