User Profiles aMember to Wordpress

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by kailan, Mar 12, 2013.

1. kailan

kailan New Member

Our members are to write articles in wordpress. We require that they have an Author Profile that shows under each of their post entries.

In Wordpress there is the User Profile that if used, shows the information under each post they write i.e. Name, Bio Info, Website, Twitter, etc.

In aMember there is only the username/address/ and some text fields but these do not populate the wordpress user profiles.

1) How can I create an extended user profile in aMember that can be used as an Author profile with website/bio/name that is used in Wordpress

2) If too difficult re the above - is there another way of creating this Author Profile in Wordpress so it is shown at the bottom of each post?

As I understand it - it is best not to update/add extra details in the User Profile in Wordpress as it messes up the aMember User details.

Regards
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This requires a modification in wordpress plugin. Modification depends on plugins which you have in wordpress in order to handle extended profiles.
  3. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

These requirements have several challenges...

To do this the user would need the WordPress role of "Author". You can handle this within Protect Content -> Integrations. However, to author a post in WordPress would require the members to access the back end of WordPress. The aMember plugin redirects all attempts to login to WordPress to the aMember login. With the aMember solution you do not want to give users access to the WordPress back end where they can change profile information that would conflict with profile information that is stored in WordPress.

There are ways to have the users post from the front end. It is not as elegant and as powerful as posting from the back end, but it can be done. You can research plugins but I know Gravity Forms supports posting articles from a form on the front end.
    This is controlled by profile information stored in WordPress plus your theme.

As stated by Alexander, that will require custom code.