PDF Invoice Template and other details

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by cromero71, Mar 10, 2013.

1. cromero71

cromero71 New Member

Hi,

So far I realized that the only way to make the PDF Invoice works is submitting a Template compatible with PDF 1.4, otherwise you will receive an error reported on other Threads. So now, that I realized about that, I'd like to know which is the easy way make the PDF Template to work, since I'm introducing a header and always it's being overlaped by the invoice content generated by aMember. See attachment please.

Attached Files:

2. guylewis

guylewis Member

I am having similar problems. I am struggling to understand why this isn't simpler to do. My addresses are only on one row and want them to be laid out like you would expect with different parts of the address on separate rows.
    I am also missing where the option is to change the labels.
    I recall V3 wasnt the best in its ability to create a professional invoice but it seems to me that v4 is a step backwards. I hope I am wrong but just cant find any help or documentation on this. Bizarre....
  3. guylewis

guylewis Member

ah at least Ive found the label customisation, its under 'edit messages' which is why I didnt find it first time...
  4. cromero71

cromero71 New Member

You better create a template and modify your invoice as you want. For version 4.x you can play with the margins.
  5. guylewis

guylewis Member

Thanks for answering cromero71. I don't understand how to do that. Do you download the PDF and open it in something like wordpress and alter it that way? Does this then enable you to lay out addresses correctly on separate rows?
  6. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Have you tried changing the 'Top Margin' setting?
  7. guylewis

guylewis Member

I see that but what implications does that have to designing the text layout?

Thanks
  8. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

In what way?
  9. guylewis

guylewis Member

What I am trying to say is I dont understand the significance of the margin in terms of how it can signifcantly alter the design, apart from altering the top margin.
  10. guylewis

guylewis Member

Oh I get it, it pushes the table further up the page. OK. Thanks
  11. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Or down!!