WordPress Plugin two issues.

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by earthchanges, Mar 26, 2013.

1. earthchanges

earthchanges New Member

Hello, Well with the help of Alex from aMember I was able to get V4 installed and imported all the data to it from V3. I am having two issues which I need help with.

1. When I go to our website and login via the WordPress aMember4 widget after clicking "login" it sends me back to the page and the widget is still asking me to login, it usually shows
    Your Subscriptions

Welcome UserName!
    • Renew Subscription
    • Payment History
    • Edit Profile
    • Logout
    I do appear to be logged in because I can see post that are protected.

2. Under WordPress> aMember> settings
    I have administrator check for "Disable Protection for these roles" if I uncheck this box and click "apply changes" it adds the check back in the box, I can not remove it. I thought this was the issue with question 1, however I created a test account as a subscriber and get the same results when trying to log in.

I thought it could be a cookie issue so I cleared my cache, deleted the old cookie and added the exception to always except from our domain, no luck.

Thanks in advance
  2. earthchanges

earthchanges New Member

I have fixed issue #1 Even though I deleted the cookies under options, I had to use about: Permissions in FireFox to find several others. I still need help with #2
  3. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Make sure you are logged out of WordPress as an admin and that you are testing with a standard user account.
  4. earthchanges

earthchanges New Member

Yep, that issue is solved. This is the current issue.

2. Under WordPress> aMember> settings
    I have administrator check for "Disable Protection for these roles" if I uncheck this box and click "apply changes" it adds the check back in the box, I can not remove it.

I logged out completely and restarted. Logged in to wp-admin as admin and still can't get rid of that check.
  5. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Yep, I am getting the same behavior on 2 of my sites. I never really tried to uncheck the box since I always want admins to have access to all WordPress pages/posts. Must be a bug. Posting the issue on the BugTracker is the quickest way to get it fixed.
  6. earthchanges

earthchanges New Member

Sent to Bug Tracker. Thanks for confirming Grant.