Safe to Delete (or modify) existing product?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by sorenhoyergroup, Apr 21, 2013.

1. sorenhoyergroup

sorenhoyergroup Member

Hey,

I was just wondering if I could delete a couple of my products from amember, which some of my members already bought?

I want to make sure my existing customers which already bought that product, won't lose the access that was granted to them already?

Under users, payments, user access and user invoices, it won't mess things up?

Thanks
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

When you delete a product, amember will delete access to that product. So if you want to keep access for existing users do not delete product.
  3. sorenhoyergroup

sorenhoyergroup Member

Okay thanks. But it's safe to change the price, right?

I mean if a user should cancel and I raised the price after they purchased, they won't get "the new" higher price, but the price they payed at that time.

I mean the refund will always be the price they bought for? Regardless of any later price increases?
  4. sorenhoyergroup

sorenhoyergroup Member

One more question.

I'm havin a hard time keeping track of all my products, since I've launched and promoted it in different place, and made different offers.. so 1 thing I really think would be an amazing new feature, would be if you could make it so that you can "archive" old products which you're not actively promoting anymore.

Basically they just need to be there, because existing customers bought them. So if we could put them into a folder (or mark them) so they wasn't visible and selectable anymore from the signup pages.
  5. alexander

Yes correct.
    aMember store price in invoice record, so it will not be changed for existing users even if you change product price.
  6. alexander

use amember CP -> Manage Products -> Edit Product -> Disable product.
  7. sorenhoyergroup

sorenhoyergroup Member

Fantastic, I was just afraid disabling the product would also disable access conntected with that product, for all the users who'd already bought that.

This is a clever solution. Thanks for the answers. :)

Last wish I have then is not that important, but it can also be a bit confusing in the list where we manage products, so it'd be cool if you could make some kind of "sorting" so disabled products wouldn't show among active products (where we manage products).. even better, it'd be great if those products we marked as disabled, would go into another folder to inactive products.
  8. alexander

Such filter already should be available.
    Check amember CP -> Manage products -> at the top left of the page there is a checkbox: do not show disabled products