Longer term subscription discounts

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by guy1, Jun 28, 2013.

1. guy1

guy1 Member

Hi guys, this doesn't seem as obvious as I thought but I wanted to offer clients a discount if they purchased longer term subscriptions. So as standard I offer monthly subscriptions but it would be great to offer six month and year terms at a discount but how do I implement that. There doesn't seem to be any option for this when setting up a subscription in a product page.
    Thanks
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Simply create a new products for six month and 12 month period and then set price for each accordingly.
  3. guy1

guy1 Member

Thanks but the problem with that approach is that it is a 'term lead' design rather than focusing on the product you are trying to sell.

What works best for businesses that are selling a range of different content subscriptions is for a cart to present the content choices and once the customer has chosen which content to subscribe to, the customer is lead through the purchase and is offered the option to choose a term that best suits them.

Is Alex reading this?

This should be part of the features moving forward.
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

When you create a product the first payment option you define is considered the default; however, you may create as many alternate plans as you want. Click on the "Create" button ("A" in the attached image) and create another payment plan. You can also rename all plans, including the default plan by clicking "B".

You can then use the Form Editor to build a signup page that displays this single product with all the pricing options. You then place a link or button on the site that loads this specific page.

payment_plans.png
  5. guy1

guy1 Member

Wow Grant, I've never noticed that before. Thank you sooooo much! I'll check this first thing Monday. Cheers. Appreciate it.