Has anyone upgraded WordPress to the new 3.6 release with Amember 4.x

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by sifucicero, Aug 2, 2013.

1. sifucicero

sifucicero aMember Pro Customer

Has anyone upgraded WordPress to the new 3.6 release with Amember 4.x? Any issues encountered?
  2. lvtriclub

lvtriclub Member

i updated two sites with amember yesterday with no issues. just make sure to make a backup copy of wordpress and amember database as i had one not connected with a amember install fail on me and had to restore it.
  3. sifucicero

thank you --- appreciate the feedback. I believe I'll have my development team upgrade this on a test server first.

I'm curious why your one WP failed...

I have a swatch woo theme with swreg "amazon" pluggin... Did any one upgrade to WordPress 3.6 with a theme and pluggin of this type.
  4. sifucicero

What aMember 4.x revision update did you have at the time of the W|P 3.6 upgrade?
  5. sabine

sabine New Member

Yes my site is still down with the following error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_currentuserinfo() in /home/hcdf5978/public_html/nanaimokennelclub.ca/wp-content/plugins/amember4/amember4.php on line 216

and so far no response from support :(
  6. paullee357

paullee357 Member

My site just went down with the same error (although mine is line 193)
    I FTP-ed in to change the plugin folder name from amember4 to anything-amember4 and my site is back up without aMember functionality of course.

Here is the thing though. I had warned my subscribers that I was preparing to upgrade aMember from 4.15 to 4.19. so maybe this WP3.6 upgrade is fine with the latest aMember???

I'm going to downgrade my WP back to 3.5 then upgrade my aMember to 4.19 - Then try to upgrade WP to 3.6
  7. sabine

sabine New Member

Well I emailed tech support and they fixed it, not sure what they did however.
  8. paullee357

paullee357 Member

Ok, I will submit ticket
  9. paullee357

paullee357 Member

I upgraded to 4.19 and then transferred that new WP plugin folder (1.1) to replace my original WP Plugin (0.1) and then activated it. This time the site did not crash, but the plugin had a fatal error and could not be activated by WP.

I just realized that all of my protected pages are now unprotected. Gulp!
  10. dwash23

dwash23 New Member

yes i have and i am getting"Can not find file with aMember config"
  11. paullee357

paullee357 Member

Tech support was able to log in and correct. Not sure what happened, but it is fixed now except for my quantity field - but that is another topic.