3 period billing

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by fonderco, Mar 28, 2012.

1. fonderco

fonderco New Member

Is there a way to have the billing setup like:

Month 1: $200
    Month 2: $250
    Month 3+: $50 (recurring)
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

No, you can setup only one Trial period. So
    Month 1: $450
    Month 3+: $50 (recurring)
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

What about if you set paypal up in front of amember? Can you then use the paypal settings to create the 2 trial periods?

David
    spacechimp likes this.
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

aMember is only able to handle 1 trial period, as this is setting supported by most payment systems. Imagine you have ClickBank and PayPal enabled (say in v3) and configured second trial period. PayPal will handle this, ClickBank will not and it will result to complete mess as we used to see in v3 :(
  5. spacechimp

spacechimp New Member

Hi David,
    Could you elaborate further? I would like to use aMember in the following method:

One off setup fee $150
    Monthly fee $25 for 24 months
    Monthly fee $15 for lifetime

At the moment My plan is to use aMember to take the one off setup fee for month one, then a lifetime subscription to my first monthly fee of $25 and provide customers a coupon code for $10 off at the 24 month mark. - The Drawback to this method is I'll have to monitor all my subscriptions quite closely.
    Or
    set aMember with 2 products. "Product A:" takes the one off payment for the first month, then $25 for 24 months. And set a second product "Product B:" set at $15 lifetime subscription which is only available to to those who have an expired Product A subscription. - The Drawback to this method is that I'm a little worried it may offer those who cancel Product A early the option to subscribe to Product B and get the reduced rate.

But it sounds like your method would work to take my one off payment and might be a little more elegant.
    All advice would be appreciated.

Spacechimp
  6. davidm1

No answer on this, IMH) I think you are making the payments way to complicated- and your customers wont really care.
    I'd simplify it to a trial price then recurring price... Confusion can cause people not to buy too.

David
  7. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

exactly what David said.

you really have no good reason to set up a complicated payment structure like that, and you can easily simplify those to a trial price & a full monthly price in every single scenario you can possibly think of. there's no need in complicating things.
  8. spacechimp

spacechimp New Member

I appreciate what your saying but I'm not working on a normal membership site per se. Is there an easy way to reward or up-sell to members over 24months. It'd be great if aMember could be set to email me when one of our members is about to reach their 24th month then I could manually contact them either offering an upgrade (perhaps at a reduced price) or a coupon to reduce their current plan
  9. davidm1

Set up an email autoresponder to be sent after XXX days?

David
  10. spacechimp

spacechimp New Member

Well no, I don't want an automatic response, I'd like to decide myself how I want to proceed on a member to member basis. Plus if I do decide to give a coupon I'll need to generate that coupon before the message is sent.