404 error after upgrade from php 5.2 to 5.3

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by kellye, Nov 16, 2012.

1. kellye

kellye New Member

My tech support person and Hostgator support decided to upgrade php on my server to improve site performance, and now all the aMember protected pages on my site are not working and displaying a 404 error -- as you can see here: https://soloprpro.com/premium/login/ (we renamed the amember folder "premium").

The free blog content and other pages on this site are working properly. This is an urgent issue, as you can imagine.

Hostgator support had this to say when contacted:

It appears that your issue is being caused by your rewrite rules. If you disable the following rules in /home/kcrane/public_html/.htaccess you will find that your premium login page works fine:

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

#END WordPress

Unfortunately, custom .htaccess rewrite rules and 3rd party scripts such as aMember Pro are outside of HostGator's scope of support.
    ---

I don't see how that would be the problem? They've offered to reinstall php 5.2 and say it can run side by side with 5.3. What should we do?
  2. kellye

kellye New Member

Update: The problem apparently had something to do with aMember rewrite rules. Perhaps someone from the company can provide additional insights on how this works.
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member