Account sharing - multiple IP address access

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by astranti, Sep 17, 2013.

1. astranti

astranti aMember Pro Customer

We currently have the number of IP addresses a user can access their membership area from set to 5 within 3 days. A few users have complained they cannot get into their account and I think it may be due to this setting. Is there an easy way to clear a users IP history so they can simply start to log in again? We are also notified by email when a user is attempting to log in more times than we allow from different IP addresses. We want to keep this feature but is there a setting so that it only emails once rather than 100's of times when they keep trying to get in!?

Thanks for your help
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

Unfortunately there is not ability to reset users IP history in admin interface. I want to mention that you use too restrictive settings. I think it is better to do not allow access if user used 3 different IP within a hour or something similar.

Many internet provider give dynamic IP address for his users so user can get new ip address on each new connection to internet.

Regarding of hundreds of emails I absolutely agree with you and I added such feature request to our bug tracker.
    http://bt.amember.com/issues/1297
    We will fix this situation in next version for sure.

Best Regards.