Additional product feature

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by fertilepress, Nov 3, 2011.

1. fertilepress

fertilepress Member

In the last version of amember (3.2.3), if a user purchased a product, you could automatically add a second product to their subscription. How is this accomplished with V4?

Thanks!

renee
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

There is no such feature in v4 yet. However, with flexible access control in v4, you often do not need this. Please describe your task and I will try to suggest solution.
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Sounds like you are asking for the complimentary product feature which was added into 3.2.x
    (i had a plugin developed to do this prior)

What happens is user signs up for product a, but you can assign product a to give product b.
    this was very handy in 3.2.x for giving access to free membership items,bonus items, and incremental content that only had to be set up once, and then using the complimentary feature, you would add that product to the paid subscription.

David
  4. fertilepress

fertilepress Member

That's exactly what I need, David. Thanks for the great explanation.
  5. guildrl

guildrl aMember Pro Customer

Hello

Can I too request this as a matter of urgency please? I have just upgraded and never really thought about this feature until I just realised it's not available when converting my website.

In my case when a person buys product A which lasts five years they also get product B for free but product B is for only one year so there is no way that I can see to do this without special modification?

Many thanks

Adrian
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Adrian,
    What user will get when product B will be assigned?
    If the problem will be only in protection, you don't need to add another product to user's account.
    You can configure protection in a way when user will loose access after one year.
  7. guildrl

Hello

Interesting. Not quite sure how I would do that.

Product A is efront access using your plugin to do an exam. This lasts 5 years for access to new efront content. They also have 5 years access to one page within my main wordpress website via protection code.

At same time customer gets product B which is my main website where most content is protected with protection codes. They can then renew to product B at a discount rate whilst they have product A (so discount for further 4 years).

Currently I just give them access to both for one year, then manually add a further four years to product A (which actually isn't that big a deal so it's no longer an "urgent" request!)

I can give them both subscriptions in one transaction no problem. It's giving one product for a different length of time to the other product that I can't figure out?

Many thanks

Adrian
  8. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Adrian,
    So here is an example:
    1. let say product A give access to efront for five year and access to site for 1 year
    2. Product B give access to site for one year.

So, when you configure eFront integration in aMember CP -> Protect Content -> integrations
    Allow access to members of product A only.
    When you configure other access to site(does not matter from aMember or from Wordpress),
    Allow access to users of Product A from start to 365 days
    And allow access to users of product B

So access will be granted for users who purchase product A less then year ago and for all users of product B
    I believe it will work for your setup. Let me know if I didn't understand you.
  9. guildrl

Hello

Just a quick reply to say I'm not ignoring you, I've just been a little busy and to thank you for the reply.

If I'm honest I didn't understand your reply at first but I've just looked again with fresh eyes and I think I get it.

I'm just doing some testing based on your reply with some test products and will come back soon.

Many thanks

Adrian