Affiliate problem + Vbulletin Member Issue

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by jfeely, Mar 14, 2012.

1. jfeely

jfeely New Member

I have been trying to set up my Amember acct the last 2 days or so and have run into some problems.
    I have my amemberpro connected with vbulletin as I am running a forum and needed an easier way to integrate sign ups.

Problem #1. Because I can't figure out how to import all my (900ish) usernames from vbulletin into amember, I am not sure how to have them sign up for an affiliate account.

I tried signing someone up myself manually for an affiliate account only (they are already a forum member), but amember is not accepting the email. The email happens to be the same email the member uses in the forum. I don't want to re-sign them up for a subscription through amember because they already have an account in the forum, plus amember wont let you do that unless you create a completely different username and password account.

2. So, should I import users from vbulletin ==> amember? If not, how do I solve this affiliate problem?

Also, I am wanting to offer more products in the future such as private classes in the forum. How would a current member sign up for that since they are not registered in amember, only in vbulletin?

This is becoming more frustrating than I thought and I feel like I was better off just using the subscription option that comes with vbulletin.

I purchased the vbulletin plugin as well in addition to the software and I thought that the users were supposed to be transferred over during installation?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

VB Users are not transferred automatically to aMember as it is not what most site owners would expect. Unfortunately, it is impossible to find out customer passwords and import passwords from VB to aMember. Users can be moved, but with new passwords only.

It can be configured that way: when customer logs-in to aMember with vBulletin username/password, user account will be automatically create in aMember. Contact us via helpdesk if you need help with this.
  3. jfeely

jfeely New Member

Alex- my brother is trying to help me figure this out before I lose my patience with everything. How can this be configured like you mentioned?
    Any instructions or would you like me to email the help desk?