Amember on a EC2 Amazon System - Auth and is it really worth it?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by dayonegaming, Feb 21, 2012.

1. dayonegaming

dayonegaming New Member

Hi, Im setting up a new website based wordpres system which acts as a CMS inwhich amember acts as the global login and controller of the main content aswell as the forums.

Amazon EC2 system in my opinion has been a mind pain with setup, permissions, conflicts and even now getting aMember to authorise as it wont register the elastic IP.

So aswell as a solution to this conflict as it wont register the ip/local or domain, my ultimate question is - Is it even worth the hassel?

I could of in my opinion been up and ready by now on a standard host, but the vote was to use amazon.

Thanks
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I cant give any useful feedback on this- but am very interested in using amazon for my future hosting- were you able to figure out a cost to hosting the site on amazon? When i took a look, it seemed like the database hosting cost would make it unreasonable- but I may have been wrong on that...

David
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

4. dayonegaming

dayonegaming New Member

Thanks Alex but you dont mention what host. Got any recommendations?
    Wasted a week trying to setup Amazon and all I seem to be doing is fixing permission conflicts or adding more to get basic functions working in everything from wordpress,forums to simple email abilitys...

Well to clarifiy the latest issue is that each time a new member signs up threw the website the entire thing goes into a 100% cpu use mode. Takes about 10 mins to timeout so you can even access the main page again. Such a headache...