Auto create new product for new customer?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by guy1, Oct 6, 2013.

1. guy1

guy1 Member

Hi guys is there anyway to set up amember so that when each new customer signs up a new product subscription is created?

Therefore each subscribed customer has their own unique subscription?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

That's how it works- not sure what else you want it to do. Can you explain?

David
  3. guy1

guy1 Member

I think you misunderstand my question David.

Usually you would have created your products in preparation for customers signing up to them. I was wondering if there was a way that a new account could generate a new product subscription. So every new account had their own product subscription. So when you go in as an admin you would see an ever increasing number of products, one per account, unique.

It might sound a little odd but what I am trying to do is create a unique product for each customer.

Thanks

Guy
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Guy,
    it would help a lot if you describe WHY it is necessary. I believe there is more clean way to solve your task.
    If we do something like you described, it will lead to problems very soon, as admin interface not designed to deal with thousands of products.
  5. guy1

guy1 Member

Its part of a design I am putting together along with a server app that will create custom content for each client. Its probably not possible out of the box with amember which is fair enough, I understand that Alex.

Currently I am using Amember to sign up customers and also answer a query from an app to confirm a user has a live subscription. If they do their mobile app is able to download the content of a folder assigned to a product.

The next development is to work on creating custom content that the app would put into a unique folder for each subscriber.

Does that make sense?

Thank you.
  6. guy1

guy1 Member

In addition to the above, if there was a way to use Amember to define each product and the parameters of the subscription, perhaps there is a way to associate a dynamic range of folders that represent the live customers in some sort of way.....

Thanks

Guy
  7. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

It is absolutely not necessary to create product for each user. Product defines price and type of content you deliver to customer, but it does not mean content must be the same for all users.

It is easy (and easier!) to make a custom plugin that will create a personal folder for each user, that will only be accessible by that user. Contact us in helpdesk, we will discuss specification, quote and implement it for you.
  8. guy1

guy1 Member

Fantastic news Alex. I wont contact you as yet. I have a couple of iterations of developing the associated apps before I get to that point but I am very excited at that opportunity.

Before this I am also likely to try to plug in a mobile network operator's text based purchasing system so I might need to give you a call about that first.

Guy