Auto-renew?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by igpman, Jun 28, 2012.

1. igpman

igpman aMember Pro Customer

Is it possible to set up an auto-renew / auto-rebill with the PayPal payment system?

I see I can choose "rebill second price until cancelled", but this requires me to enter the terms of the subscription all over again. But I'm assuming this achieves the job?
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes this is correct.
    Just specify the same terms as for First price/period.
  3. igpman

I have a follow-up question. If I apply this change, will it apply retrospectively to all active subscriptions purchased before the rule change, or will it only apply to new / future purchases of subscriptions?

EDIT: I have just been informed that there MUST be a way for the user to opt-in or opt-out of an auto-renew system. Does aMember provide any choice on this matter for the user? I would like it to auto-renew by default but all users can opt out of auto-renew if they like.
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Only new- you cant change the terms of a payment once made at paypal- they wouldnt like you suddenly billing $10k the next day...

They can cancel there account at paypal at anytime.

David
  5. igpman

Good, just wanted to make sure this was the case before enabling it.

So it's an option they can toggle in paypal? I don't want them to have to cancel the entire subscription, only to opt-out of auto-renew.
  6. igpman

I have just set this up and we received our first payment. It refers to the first period as a "trial period" which could be really misleading to our customers, as we offer them a free trial period separately from aMember to our product.

Can it not be set up so that it's just X being charged every month without a trial period / first period and second period?