Automatically register other products when signing up for selected product?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by orish, Feb 13, 2013.

1. orish

orish aMember Pro Customer

Hi I did this in 3.x somehow, but I can't figure out how to do it for version 4.

If a customer signs up for product A then I'd like them to also automatically receive product B - maybe even product B and C and H. (It may not necessarily be the other way round. If they sign up for product B then they don't automatically get product A necessarily.)

There are two scenarios I have where I do this:

1. Customer signs up for free newsletter (product A) and they automatically get access to the trial version of my product also (product B).

2. Customer signs up for a workshop (product H) and they automatically get access to the full paid version of my online product (product C) and files download area (product D) included for free.

How do I do that?

Many thanks....
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

In v4, you would use the 'protect content' setting to allow access to the content.
    So if ordering product A, you would set up content protection to allow access for products B and product A (for 1 week etc.)

David
  3. orish

Thanks David, I kind of guessed that. But I've gone round the Products/Protect Contents section in the CP - and elsewhere - and can't find anything that allows access to product B (and adds it to the Active Resources) if product A is active.

Could you please point me to right section in the CP where I can do this?
  4. davidm1

How are you displaying the link to product B for product B buyers? If for example you are using protect content / pages, you would add access to product A for that page.

David
  5. orish

Sorry, I don't really understand your question. I have a form for each product (defined in CP/forms editor). The link to the product (form) is: amember/signup/index/c/productA.

Some products are "bundled" products. So if a customer purchases Product A, they also get Product B automatically.

For example, if they register for a workshop (A) they also get access to the online course (C) - as well as the private download area (D) - included in the price.

And people who sign up for the free newsletter (N) also automatically get free access to the trial version of the course (T).
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

You should use schedule access plugin. It allows to add access to other product when user purchases subscription.
  7. dikovsky

dikovsky New Member

Alexander, I have similar situation - need automatically register customer to product (B) after certain days of subscription to product (A).

If I understood right, schedule access plugin could do this or similar things. Where could I find it?
  8. davidm1

You would use the normal protect content (incremental setting) for this- you set it to allow access after XX days on content AA.

David
  9. dikovsky

dikovsky New Member

I already use protected content with XX days, but need scheduled access to PRODUCT in amember.
    I'll appreciate any ideas where to get mentioned plugin.