Best Way for Multi Membership Courses with wordpres

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by nbgmed, Jan 8, 2012.

1. nbgmed

nbgmed Member

What is the best Way to handle multiple different Membership Programs with One Amember/Wordpress config?

How did you get it done?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

What do you mean by different membership programs?
    No reason you cant use a single amember/wordpress for multiple products as long as they are the same niche.

David
  3. nbgmed

nbgmed Member

Hey David,

nice to hear you, I'd like to join your Academy in the next days! :)

Same niche, but different products with different menus and headers etc.

Should I go with WP-multi-site or is there better alternative?

Best regards,

George
  4. emilybon

emilybon New Member

I am trying to do the same thing. I also have Optimizepress which unfortunately only lets you do one membership site. I don't really want to create multiple memberships, but I do want each product to look like a membership site, in that you go into the first page of the product and it links to module 1, module 2, etc... Also, I would like each module to show up in a week's time and not all in the beginning. I am also trying to get the menu widget to show only the links to each module as they appear and not all at once.

It is a headache trying to figure all this out.

My Page Set Up
    Currently since Optimizepress only allows one membership, I am using the blog page templates to create the product pages. The main product page is a blog page, and then the additional pages are the child of this parent page. Each page can be protected and use incremental time frames with the amember plug in page features.

My Module Menu Set Up This is where it really gets complicated.
    I am using the amember menu widget to create the links, but it looks like if I want to have each module link(s) show at different times, I am going to have to create a menu widget for each module. This is going to have a ton of widgets in my dashboard widget section if I create lots of products way.

REQUEST
    Can amember create a menu widget that can release links or group of links at "different times" within ONE widget?
  5. nbgmed

nbgmed Member

yes, that's exactly what i want to do, with optimizepress too. But the menu widget thing sound really complicated. And a Blog is a Blog. Maybe we have to go with the membership-template for more options with different header styles etc. ;-) My idea is to make lots of different custom menus–one for each membership.

The main problem is, that aMember can only connect to one wordpress installation, wich must be on the same server. If aMember could connect to multiple WP-Installations, on remote server/domains it would be a glance!
  6. emilybon

emilybon New Member

Unfortunately, OptimizePress only allows you to use the membership-template for only one membership site. So, if you want to create multiple products with the look of a membership style, you can not use the membership-template.

A Blog is not just a blog. There is amazing things that can be done with WordPress's blogging platform. You can create a traditional style website with the blogging platform or even a membership site as I am currently doing. It just gets a bit tricky customizing everything.

When I finish figuring everything out, I will share what I learn on here on how to create a membership-style product on OptimizePress/Amember with the blogging templates so that you can create several membership-style products on one WordPress site.
  7. davidgjohnson

davidgjohnson New Member

Curious about any developments here, emilybon. Do you have an update on how things went for you? Thanks!
  8. emilybon

emilybon New Member

Sorry David for not updating with developments. I got busy with projects.

Here is how I am doing this.
    - Squeeze and Sales page on a separate wordpress site for each product, with no amember, but buy buttons will take them to the one (wordpress site) with the amember installed where all the product membership pages are.

- Each membership product are made with pages, not posts. The template for each page is "blog page design".

There is a introduction page for each product with the rest of the module pages as a child of that introduction page.

I use the plugin "Custom page menus" to create custom menus on each page to show only the pages I want on that page. This is a two step process, 1 put the menu in the widget page, 2 add your pages for the menu on the specific page.

In widgets, I put the "custom page menu", then the text block, then the "amember widget" in the "blog sidebar".

In each page I add CSS code in "custom css options" under the "page seo and optimization options" section. I will try to add this CSS code for you here and attach an image so you can see how it looks. It looks just like Optimize presses membership site menus.

Then for each module page, I put the content in amember shortcut sections, so that before the content is available I will put in the amember shortcuts "this is coming in your second week", then in another amember shortcut the actual content to be released on that second week. So, in other words, the page is always there for them to see but not the content on it, they will have to wait for that.

CSS Code (Don't forget to change where it says YOURDOMAIN):

Code:

/* NAVBOX */

#blogsidebar.widget { font-weight:bold;float:left;padding-left:0px; width:240px; background:#FAFAFA; margin:10px 0 0 0; list-style:none; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; border-radius:5px; -moz-box-shadow:0 2px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); -webkit-box-shadow:0 2px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);}

#blogsidebar.widget li a{margin-left:0px;padding-left:0px;}

#blogsidebar.widget ul{margin-left:0px;padding-left:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-weight:normal;}

.menu-item, .custom-pages-menu-item {margin-left:0px;padding:10px 15px; border-left:1px solid #d5d5d5; border-right:1px solid #d5d5d5; border-bottom:1px solid #CCC; font-size:12px; color:#595959}

.menu-item a:hover, .custom-pages-menu-item a:hover{margin-left:0px;padding-left:0px;text-decoration:none; color:#0088CC;}

.menu-item a, .custom-pages-menu-item a{color:#444444;margin-left:0px;padding-left:0px;font-weight:bold;}/* any Page item */

.menu-item li, .custom-pages-menu-item li{margin-left:0px;padding-left:0px;}

.current_menu-item {margin-left:0px;} /* the current Page */
    .current_page_parent {margin-left:0px;} /* parent of the current Page */
    .current_page_ancestor {margin-left:0px;} /* any ancestor of the current Page */

#blogsidebar.widget .current_menu-item {background:#f0f8ff;}

#blogsidebar.widget ul .children{margin-left:0px;padding-top:3px;}

#blogsidebar.widget ul .children a{padding-top:3px;margin-left:15px;}

#blogsidebar.widget ul li{margin-left:15px;padding-left:0px;border:0px;padding-top:7px;list-style:none;padding-bottom:0px;}

ul.children{padding-top:0px;margin-top:2px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:15px;}

.widgettitle{ padding:8px 15px 10px 15px; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; background:url(http://YOURDOMAIN.com/wp-content/themes/OptimizePress/images/navbartop.png) repeat-x bottom center #a6a6a6; -moz-border-radius:5px 5px 0 0; -webkit-border-radius:5px 5px 0 0; border-radius:5px 5px 0 0; color:#FFF; text-shadow:0 1px 0 #000;margin:0px; }

Attached Files:

9. davidgjohnson

davidgjohnson New Member

Thanks for the update, Emily! Congrats on getting it all put together!