Can aMember track different promos?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by footman, Oct 2, 2012.

1. footman

footman Member

I'm setting up some advertising for my site and they're in different places. I'd love to track which is giving more for my $. This means I need to somehow track where the incoming traffic is from. Is this possible somehow with aMember?

Do I need to make a separate dedicated signup form for each ad I want to track? If so does this show up somehow in the admin section of aMember?

So many questions about this...

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I use a custom field called 'promo', which i then put into a cookie on the landing page and then into the field in the amember signup page.

David
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

From my point of view, the best way to do that is to just utilize Google Analytics integration (misc plugin: google-analytics). We really could not implement it better in aMember.
  4. footman

footman Member

David that sounds interesting. So it's a field the new signup needs to fill in manually? I wouldn't know the first thing on how to 'place a cookie' on the landing page.

I was thinking of making special landing pages for the different ad streams to track them.

But maybe Alex's idea with Google analytics would be easiest. I'll give that a shot and see how it works.

Thanks guys :)
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I think you can put the field brick in the custom signup form, and when the URL with the field is passed it gets entered into the field.

David
  6. footman

footman Member

Do I understand you correctly... I can set it up so that a field I designate can be filled automatically if the surfer comes from a certain link? That would be fantastic...
  7. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Sure, here is example url:
    /amember/signup?FIELDNAME=value
  8. footman

footman Member

Alex, thanks for that. I'll try adding that to thelink. I've already added a Google Analytics end to the link. Do you have an idea where I can add this so it all still works?

Here's the link set up I have now...
    .../amember/signup?utm_source=events&utm_medium=flyer&utm_campaign=90days