Can I Add New Billing Plan to Charge a Third Price Recurring?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by ak48avk, Jul 12, 2012.

1. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

I have a simple yearly membership subscription of £18.50.

As an incentive 'Today only' type offer I would like to create a product for £5 for 7 days access, auto renews for £13.50 for one year, then auto renews at the regular price of £18.50 recurring. Giving customers the chance to cancel after trying it for 7 days.

Can I create a billing plan that follows on from the second price, thus creating a third price? In which case do I set 'Last expiration date in the renewal group' or have I go this completely wrong?

Otherwise, can you explain the purpose of creating more than one billing plan?

Thanks.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Dont think so- amember only has 2 billing settings (trial period then 2nd) and you are trying to do 3.

The additional billing plans are for if you wanted to do a 19.95 monthly for 1 plan, and a 197 yearly as another.

David
  3. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

Thanks David, just an idea.

Thank you for explaining the billing plans.
  4. davidm1

I havent tested this- but paypal has a 3 billing system ability. So If you use paypal in front, maybe its possible. EG, landing page -> buy button -> payment at paypal -> amembr creates the user record.

I dont remember offhand if amember can handle this. There may also be limits as to the amount of time that paypal can handle the 1st/2nd trial periods.

David
  5. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

Thank you for coming up with a suggestion. I like to keep my system as simple as possible and the idea isn't crucial. I can work out other incentive options.

Thanks.
  6. kenada

kenada New Member

I am trying to do something simular and thought we could do this.

I have 3 billing Plans I would like the user to choose from.

1. One Time Payment
    2. 3 Monthly Payments
    3. 6 Monthly Payments

After these payments, I want the user to have lifetime access with no more payments.
    How can I do this?
  7. kenada

kenada New Member

When I choose lifetime for the second period, it doesn't allow me to set more than one time second payment.
  8. davidm1

Setting product to 'lifetime' can be done via the content protection settings.
    You can set the content to be active from say 90 days to lifetime.

David