Can I upgrade a Clickbank product using PayPal?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by sorenhoyergroup, Mar 11, 2013.

1. sorenhoyergroup

sorenhoyergroup Member

Hello,

First of all thanks for a great product and support as well!

My question is.

I have a product which I sell 2 licenses for

1) personal license
    2) developer license

Clickbank accepted the personal license product, but their rules do not accept high-priced products like my developer license product, so I can't list it there, with them.

Right now, I've set up the "manage product upgrade path", but both the subject-product (current.. "personal") and the target-product (the one to upgrade to, "developer") needs to be clickbank products... at least it looks that way to me.

Is there already a way to choose eg. "paypal" for the sur-charge when upgrading products, so you could sell 1 product on clickbank and let people upgrade that product, using eg. paypal. Eg if you write paypal instead of the clickbank item number or something?

I know I could create a 2nd product (developer), and make that offer available to only those who already have an active subscription of the 1st product (personal), but I'd rather not go that route.

The biggest problem with that approach as I see it, is that you could end up getting quite a lot of refunds of "product 1", since they already accessed the "product 2" offer, and could then just cancel the original... I guess.

Anyways.. using "manage products upgrade paths" is this possible?
    relapse likes this.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

No currently this is impossible. aMember will use the same payment system from original invoice.
    I will add this to features request.
    http://bt.amember.com/issues/1140
    sorenhoyergroup likes this.
  3. sorenhoyergroup

sorenhoyergroup Member

Thanks Alex. Can't wait for this feature to be implemented.

You do an amazing job with amember and the support as well. I know it's really difficult to please all at the same time, since a payment / membership system integrates with other 3rd party payment gateways through apis, which often change, and people (us) get desperate when our customers can't get access or if something went wrong during checkout.

Keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to the next update.
  4. sorenhoyergroup

sorenhoyergroup Member

I just checked your link above to the bug tracker, but I don't understand why it says:
    • Status changed from New to Rejected
    • Assignee set to Alex Scott
    If you plan on implementing this soon, why reject it? :confused:
  5. alexander

I'm sorry for misinformation . After closer look at this, we decided to not implement this functionality in current branch.
    This just generate a lot of problems. We plan to implement upgrades from signup page, so this will be possible to use different payment system by default.
  6. sorenhoyergroup

sorenhoyergroup Member

No problem Alex, but I do see a big problem with this as it is right now.

People who bought my "personal license" from clickbank..

When they want to upgrade, when go to "upgrade subscriptions" inside amember members area.

They see the "developer license", which has been made available only to those who bought the personal license

BUT they don't know that, and they might refund the personal license they bought on clickbank (which is BAD), and buy the Developers license instead.

To avoid all this, the upgrade functionality would really help. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying regarding how you want to implement this though.

When could we expect this feature? Can you give an estimate? :)

Best regards,

Soren
  7. alexander

We haven't decided yet how it will work exactly, may be upgrade path will be available as "product" option on regular signup page, or may be we will create separate upgrade form which will have all possible upgrade options(and include possible paysystems).

Unfortunately I can't provide an timeframe for this.