chmod issues with amember/data/new_rewrite/

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by rougemarshal, Jan 12, 2012.

1. rougemarshal

rougemarshal New Member

We're trying to run setup to test amember 4 on our moodle 2 instance but are unable to chmod this directory:amember/data/new_rewrite/ with any option that works. We continue to get the "Directory '/opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/amember/data/new-rewrite/' is not writeable. Please fix it" error.

has anyone had this error and/or input on a workaround?

thanks so much in advance!!
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

are you doing this via SSH or how are you setting permissions?

Perhaps your account is not the owner of the file / directory. You could CHOWN it first and then CHMOD.
  3. rougemarshal

rougemarshal New Member

Thanks for the follow up skippybosco. I'm past that issue on to issue at step 3 of V4 setup. I'm going to post it as a new thread as I can't find any other specifically like this. I'm trying to install on my AWS instance and am getting the following error:

• Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket. Try to use 127.0.0.1 for MySQL Host setting. If this will not help contact hosting support and ask to provide correct MySQL Host
    • MySQL Error: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) at /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/amember/library/Am/Setup.php line 103(2002) in query: new PDO