Coupon for existing members not working

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by legacyfo, Jun 5, 2012.

1. legacyfo

legacyfo New Member

I have a free membership option and they have the opportunity to upgrade to the paid membership.

I would like to know two things:
    1. If I give them a coupon, existing free members can't use it on the paid membership. They need to use a different email address altogether OR pay the full price. How do I change this so that existing members can use coupons for other subscriptions?
    2. Is it possibly to automatically cancel their free subscription if they have paid for the premium service. The premium service has all the features of the free service and much more, so there is no need for them to be a member of both packages.
    Thanks,
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

1. Not sure I understand why they can't use coupon, please explain? Do you have separate signup form for membership renewal? If so edit it and make sure that you have coupon brick in that form as well.

2. No this can't be done. Why this is necessary?
  3. legacyfo

legacyfo New Member

The coupon problem seemed only to happen to a small handful of members so I guess the issue was at their end.

I would like to cancel their free subscription, because sometimes we send emails and offers to free members that we don't want to send to premium members.
  4. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

Actually, that is a good one - can you add a field into the Product setup screen that cancels selected products (a select box, allowing admins to choose multiple products to be cancelled) if a subscription has been purchased for this specific product being set up/edited?

That would be just... sweet! And would make upgrades/downgrades a lot cleaner and easier to pull off... without requiring users to manually cancel an existing subscription or admins to cancel them from admin side, or delete the unnecessary ones, etc.
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

We can add such field, there is no problem at all. The problem is not all payment systems will support this. Or even most of the payment systems will not support this.