Custom redirect after affiliate link click?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by gcornelisse, Feb 26, 2013.

1. gcornelisse

gcornelisse New Member

In am3 we modified the code to check for a redirection URL in an affiliate link. And at the time, I think there was talk about adding this as a built-in feature of am4. So our affiliate URL's might look something like this...

https://example.com/amember/aff/go?r=123&u=example.com/affiliate-tools

Couldn't find anything in the "Tips & Tricks" or affiliate setup in the docs. Does anyone know if this in am4, what the GET var should be, or if its not a current feature?

Or, is there a specific event we can custom code to listen for like we would if redirecting after a product purchase:

Code:
    Am_Di::getInstance()->hook->add(Am_Event::THANKS_PAGE, 'onThanksPage');
            function onThanksPage(Am_Event $event){
                $di = Am_Di::getInstance();
                Am_Controller::redirectLocation('/url/where/user/should/be/redirected');
    }

Thanks, Gary
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I had asked about this in the bug tracker and the response was to use user groups- i'll ask again to get this implemented.

David
  3. stevenjohn

stevenjohn Member

Hi there,

This is really urgent for us - we are using the affiliate module to track all sales, and partners we work with will be wanting to send traffic to different landing pages depending on what campaign they are running for us.

Any hacks or tweaks to get this running in v4? Groups wont give us the level of control we need...

Many thanks, Steve
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Should be hackable- add something like rurl=redirecturl to the affiliate link, cookies the visitor with that, set the of the links to http://yoursite.com/check.php to check for the cookie and redirect them to the new url.

David