Customer's Address Info Not Saving In Amember After They Sign Up

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by mporter9, Nov 30, 2012.

1. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Hi,

I have had 10 new paying customers in the past 30 days and their address information is not storing in Amember. When I login to the admin panel I go to Browse User > Click on user's username > User Info tab and then scroll down and click on the "Address Info" bar.

When this area expands it shows fields for Street Address, Street Address (Second Line), City, ZIP Code, Country, and State. The user is filling this information out on the order page so I don't understand why it isn't saving/storing in Amember?

I need to be able to store the customer's address data so I can market more products to them after the first sale.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    Have you added address info brick to signup form in aMember CP -> Forms Editor -> Edit Signup Form?
  3. mporter9

mporter9 Member

No because all of the address fields already show up on the 2nd sign up page where the customer enters their credit card information. Is there a way to only have the address fields on one of these pages?

I don't want them to have to fill out their address information on both pages.
  4. alexander

You have to add address brick to the form. Address info which user enters on CC info form is billing address, it won't be stored by most of the payment plugins. When user submits signup form with address info, it will be prefilled on CC info page, so user won't have to specify it twice.
    mporter9 likes this.
  5. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Thanks for clarifying this for me Alex. I didn't realize that it would prefill the address information on the CC info page. However I still have a problem. 2-Step order forms are proven to increase conversion rates. So if I make them fill out all of the address information on the 1st sign up page then my conversion rate will drop.

How can I keep the address information fields on the CC info page, but still post the information into amember? There has to be a way to do this.
  6. alexander

There is no way to change this in config but this still should be possible as customization.
    Please contact us in helpdesk we will help.
  7. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

That is not a bug. Address information that customers are entering on credit card info page not always matches customer address! It is so called "billing address" that must match information stored in bank for your credit card.
    I agree, an option may be implemented to copy it to the user address (if that is empty).