Deleting Product

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by tamitaylor, Feb 8, 2012.

1. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

how do I delete a product safely without messing anything up-

i'd like to create a product that is a "request" for former students of my previous site. Then after checking their emails against the roster from the previous site I can mass subscribe them to the new product...

can I then delete the first 'request' product without causing their status to go back to pending or just messing them up?

Thanks - want to make sure I check before I do anything
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

When you delete product from aMember, All records in other tables associated with that product will be deleted as well. This will delete user's access records, delete product from user status, etc.. This action will not affect records that is not associated with product. So you can do what explained above, just use rebuild Db after delete (in order to recalculate user's status)
  3. jcary

jcary Member

Follow up to this question...

My product list has become unruly, I don't even want to stare at some of them anymore.

I do not offer access to any of these products.

So, if I delete a product, if JoeUser only has access to that product, will his user account delete also, or will he just have no active products?

Can I safely remove old products like that?

Thanks.
  4. alexander

User won't be deleted, it will become pending.
  5. jcary

jcary Member

OK, cool. So if I delete product that user has, user will then become pending because it will have no product access attached, right? Sounds good.
  6. alexander

Yes right.