Does amember cause page loading delay or crap hosting?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by rmpostraining, Oct 28, 2013.

1. rmpostraining

rmpostraining New Member

--I know this is hostingish related but deals directly with amember hope it fits in this category--

Just curious how amember interacts with page loading times I am using wp integration. I am assuming that when a page is loaded wp asks amember if they can see that page and the amember responds with a yes or no to the content of that page based on logged in/subscription status. I am setting this site up on dreamhost and right now it is on a shared hosting plan.

Is this normal? a pingdom test show a 5.5 second "wait" time when loading a page on my site. One protected video nothing else. On another protected page I am getting a total of 8 second page load time. On my main home page that is not protected/no protected content I am getting load time or right around 1 second. Is this just a "quit using crappy hosting and upgrade to a VPS situation"? Any suggestions/reccomends?

Hopefully this dosen't start a who is the best hosting company discussion just looking for input on upgrading to a VPS and any recommendeds for cpu ram etc.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

No this is not normal.
    In order to provide a solution I need to check your installation and protection configuration.
    Please contact us in helpdesk with this issue.
  3. rmpostraining

rmpostraining New Member

I just opened ticket # FWH-53185-377 in the help desk.
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Ok. I will check it right now.
  5. tokazama2

tokazama2 aMember Pro Customer

Can you post an update to this issue when solved? Thanks!
  6. rmpostraining

rmpostraining New Member

Yes, I resolved the issue by transferring the site off of a vps at dreamhost(which I activated in hopes of speeding things up) to my standard shared hosting account at hostgator. Should have never thought the grass was greener on the other side. ;)
  7. tokazama2

Which version of HostGator are you using?
  8. rmpostraining

rmpostraining New Member

Which version? Not sure what you mean. It is just on a standard shared hosting account at hostgator.
  9. tokazama2

Sorry. I have been working on another problem and my mind is spinning.​
    What I meant to ask is are you on the "Hatchling Plan", the "Baby Plan" or the "Business Plan"? ​
  10. rmpostraining

rmpostraining New Member

I must be on the baby plan. Had the account forever so I have to look. Have more than one domain so that rules out the hatchling plan and I don't have a toll free number to that rules out the business plan. I would like to move to a vps eventually.
  11. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

Dreamhost? Jesus... people still host sites on there?

Holy smokes... no wonder you were having those issues. Could've been a lot worse too ;)