Downloads and access

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by graphixx, Jan 3, 2012.

1. graphixx

graphixx Member

I have amember and wordpress integrated. Can the short tags for amember work to controll access to files in a wordpress post?

In such way that i can have a post with amember short tags to hide content, and if the user have correct permission he will see the content within the short tags?
    This would be one or several files to download.

Any idea if this wold work out? Or how to set it up to get the correct protection of the files and folder for thoose files?

Would it be possible to add in so people can buy just this file only one time? In case they dont have the correct access level and just want this file only?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

They dontprotect files, they protect the content in a wordpres page/post- to protect the download, you use amember folder protection.

You'd need to create a new product in amember for each item you want them to buy.

David
  3. graphixx

graphixx Member

First i setup a product in amember,and protect a folder which i upload the files to that should be protected based on the subscription settings.

Then in a wordpress post i put the amember tags for protect some text(this will be a link to a file within the protected folder).

From my understanding this will both protect the files in the protected folder AND it will only show the link to that file to a user with a active subscription to access that file.

Now, if a user dont have an active subscription he will not be able to access that file. But if he wants to buy just that file only, any clue on how that could be done in an easy way?
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

You can create a direct order link:
    /amemmber/signup/?paysys_id=paypal&product_id=3-6
    (untested- still figuring out 4.x)

David