Drupal 7 & aMember 4

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by press_enterprise, Feb 8, 2012.

1. press_enterprise

press_enterprise aMember Pro Customer

I have the Drupal integration plugin setup with my aMember 4 installation. The "Drupal" button shows up under Setup/Configuration and seems to be working (my Drupal Groups show up in the dropdowns), but I'm not really sure how the integration is supposed to work.

My Drupal installation is clean with only 1 user. My aMember installation has thousands of users.

I've figured out on my own that if I add a Drupal user, nothing happens in aMember. If I add an aMember user, it adds a user in Drupal.

This leads me to a few questions:

1. How do I automatically create the several thousand aMember users I have in my Drupal installation?
    2. How do map Product Protection between aMember and Drupal? I'm not very clear on how that is supposed to work in general. Do I map Drupal Roles to aMember Products? Do I create views in Drupal and protect those URL Paths with aMember?
    3. Overall - is there documentation as to how I'm suppose to setup my aMember/Drupal integration?
    I've searched the aMember Manual (http://manual.amember.com/index.php?search=Drupal&go=Go) and it turns up nothing on how to proceed once the integration plugin is working.
    Thanks!
  2. press_enterprise

press_enterprise aMember Pro Customer

Hmm, and now my installation no longer automatically creates a Drupal user when I create an aMember user. I tried rebuilding the aMember Core DB and the Drupal DB, this didn't fix it. Uninstalled aMember, reinstalled, reconfigured, still doesn't work...

I guess the bottom line is, without documentation, I'm not really even sure how this is *supposed* to work.

Any help is appreciated!
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    It seems you haven't configured integration setting for drupal plugin.
    have a look:
    http://www.amember.com/docs/Content/Integrations
    After above will be configured, click on Rebuild DB -> Drupal this will transfer all active users from aMember into Drupal.