Email tracking - checking if read

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by bennyuk1, Mar 19, 2013.

1. bennyuk1

bennyuk1 aMember Pro Customer

Hi, I've used mailchimp with am 4.2.14 on my members. I've got 2 groups I send to, "all members (about 450)" and "paid members (about 130)". Previously using old custom system I can tell from reponses that most people got emails.

However, using mailchimp the open rate is about 50% on both groups! This is terrible!

So I'd like to use the built in email function of aMember, but need to somehow check the open rate.

Any ideas on how to achieve this in amember?

if not precise tracking then any other tips on how to get an idea on the success rate of emails getting through?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

50% open rate is quite good.... Are you counting duplicate opens? What was it on the old system?

David
  3. bennyuk1

bennyuk1 aMember Pro Customer

I agree that normally 50% open rate would be good, but these are all members that want to get the info. On the old system it was not tracked but I got no reports from anyone saying they didnt get the emails (they are all colleagues who let each other know when the email arrives.) With Mailchimp I got alot of complaints that members didnt get the emails.

I was just wandering if there was a good way to maybe integrate google analytics into the amember emails somehow.
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Not that I'm aware of.
    Im not sure of any, but if you send html email, there should be a way to track opens with a pixel.

Sounds like a mailchimp delivery issue....

David