Encryption subsystem error: Key file does not exists

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by strategicdeals, Apr 7, 2013.

1. strategicdeals

strategicdeals New Member

I'm upgrading to v.4 and have been going through all the necessary PHP modules that it requires to be enabled. The last one was the encryption module. I was getting a red bar at the Amember dashboard with a message and after I enabled it, now I get this message:

Encryption subsystem error: Key file does not exists

Does anybody know what it means?

Thanks
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

You have to create encryption system key.
    Copy /amember/application/configs/key-dist.php to /amember/application/configs/key.php
    Edit key.php and in that file replace "REPLACE THIS STRING TO YOUR KEYSTRING" to actual unique key value.
    This key is used internally by aMember in order to encrypt data.
  3. thared33

thared33 Member

This isn't covered in the manual I think. What is this for and what causes it?

I don't know where to find my keystring.
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Offhand- if you go to the payment plugin in amember, there may be a string generated. You put that in the .php file.

David
  5. thared33

thared33 Member

Got it. There's a mistake on the amember page though. When you go to the payment plugin, it has a little notice box above the settings saying to create the key. It gives you the key, but not the entire code for the php file. Some of the code was highlighted in grey and a couple characters weren't. It also forgot the apostrophe and semicolon at the end.

I used the advice in this thread which is copying the key-dist file and just replacing the code and it seems to work now though.