Free product on signup

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by wallpaper_01, Aug 6, 2012.

1. wallpaper_01

wallpaper_01 Member

Hi

Is it possible for everyone to have 1 free product on signup?

So they signup or buy something else but they also have a different free product in their member area.

Thanks

Dan
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Sure, just add the product in the "protect content" area for those products.

David
  3. mfifis

mfifis New Member

I'm trying to do something similar. We sell classes and memberships. We would like a member who buys "Class A" to get "Basic Membership" for free for one month. After the one month, the membership would be $9.99. Do you have advise on how to set up products to enable this behavior? I understand I may have to set up two products to control billing, "Basic Membership" - $9.99/mo and "Trial Membership" - Free for one month, then $9.99/mo. But how can we automatically add the "Trial Membership" product for the user?
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

There is currently no way to automatically subscribe customer to 2 products if one was choosed.

I'd recommend to use upsell plugin to offer second product once first was purchased.
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Bundle the trial membership as a free add on to the paid product- in other words set amember to give access to the trial product for the 1st 30 days etc... You just need to explain this in the product description and set product access to allow this.

David