Free Trial - Trial canceled, Trial Reordered

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by cusinndzl, Sep 26, 2013.

1. cusinndzl

cusinndzl Guest

Hello,

I have an issue with the free trial option.
    I have set a 5 days trial before the users will be charged for the monthly subscription. But they found a way for not paying for the subscription. They cancel the trial in the last day, and after that they order again the product with the 5 days trial.

How I can set this not to allow users to have more than 1 trial?

Thanks.
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

aMember admin > Manage products > select your free trial product > Product Availability (towards bottom of page) > Disallow ordering of this product if user has > then

Select from the drop-down list the:
    ACTIVE subscription for "Free trial product"
    EXPIRED subscription for "Free trial product"

The option to subscribe to free subscription will no longer appear in sign-up form for those people who have already subscribed to the free trial.
  3. cusinndzl

cusinndzl Guest

I understand, but I don't have a standalone "free trial product". I have a "Free for first 5 days, then $xx for each one month" product. I don't see how I could separate this from options. And the users are "Canceling" the subscription before those 5 days end and make again a new subscription to get those 5 days. So, it is not expired subscription. The Status show "Recurring Cancelled"

Also, I don't want the product to disappear (maybe the user wants to really make a subscription). I want the user not to get those 5 days again if he already had the free 5 days.
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Youll need 2 products
    1) free trial with continuity
    2) only continuity

Disable being able to order #1 if they have an active or expired subscription to #1 or #2.

David