German translation is extremly bad!

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by kjoch, Jan 19, 2013.

1. kjoch

kjoch New Member

One of the discissions to buy amember for our NPO organisation was, that it is available in german. Now after installation i saw this mostly wrong translation and we are very dissatisfied.

You better do not offer amember is available in German. I never saw that much errors, not only in spelling.

Have to hire a translator now and pay them a lot for correct translation. Even some string are missing in the translation and shows up in english...... Looks like nobody every checked it.

Hopefully the software itself works as promised, because we need the features.

Unhappy and not satisfied,

Karl
  2. maximilian

maximilian New Member

This is true, the translation is bad!
    I´m also a german buyer and hope the software will work with full functionality.
  3. kjoch

kjoch New Member

This is driving me crazy. So much strings are missed. So we first have to pay our staff to collect all of the missing strings and then we have to pay the translator. More then bad and kinda unserious to offer a German Amember........
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I am in process of ordering new German translation, I hope to get it done by Monday.

Last question - shall we redo all German translations or there are just some parts that may
    be considered incorrect?
    (Of course all missing strings will be translated).
  5. kjoch

kjoch New Member

It look like, the actual translation was done by a machine, or human with only partial knowledge of the german language. The files should be done from scratch again.

Let me know, when you have the new one available. We want to be online mit of february.

Thank you,

Karl
  6. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Hi Karl,
    there are 2 files to update in your aMember installation, please do it.
    I'd appreciate your feedback about translation as I cannot check its quality.

Attached Files:

7. kjoch

kjoch New Member

Our guys will check the translation and I will let you know.

THX

Karl